Malta is a Southern European country consisting of an archipelago in the Mediterranean Sea. Malta was inhabited since around 5900 BC. Malta was previously a British colony and it became a republic in 1974. Malta has been classified as an advanced economy amongst the 32 countries, according to the International Monetary Fund (IMF). The small island of Malta has become a very good spot for startups and growth. It has a build-up of some very important startups, since last few years.
1. FETCH IT: It serves the purpose for delivering goods all around the island. It was launched in early 2017. It has a very fast growth. The aim of the company is to be environment-friendly. The link www.getfetchit.com helps to find more information.
2. BEEWITS: It produces subscription-based project management software for web designers and marketing agencies. It offers custom and personalized task templates. For more information on the same, check out www.beewits.com
3. ReaQta: It was founded by a team of defensive cyber security experts. It develops a novel A.I. that is capable of detecting threats and malware faster and more accurately. Check out www.reaqta.com
4. HOTJAR: It was founded in 2014. It is an analytics and feedback SaaS platform. It reveals the online behavior of a website’s users. It offers heat-maps, visitor recordings, conversion funnels, form analytics, feedback polls and much more. Log on to www.hotjar.com for more information.
5. MAGIGOO: It was produced by Thought3D. It is special 3D printing glue that was designed specifically to keep 3D prints in place during the 3D printing process. It allows the easy removal when printing is complete. It was awarded the Malta Innovation Award 2015 for Best Technological Innovation. Check out www.magigoo.com
6. SHERPA: It is a platform that builds a personal insurance account providing its members with unbiased guidance. In the year 2017, they raised $2.3 million in seed funding from InsurTech VC and number of angels started to aim at further growth. Explore more on www.meetsherpa.com
7. TRIPMEDIC: It is a platform matchmaking international patient to doctor. The selection of location, language, specialty etc in the platform allows the users to find the best medical help all around the world. It will improve the lives of millions of expatriates by providing access to high-quality healthcare. www.tripmedic.com provides more information.
8. STASIS: It uses blockchain platform to legally digitize any kind of financial asset in a secure and transparent way. It is one of the most important startups based in Malta. www.stasis.net can give more information.
9. KARMAFY: This startup makes it possible for anyone to make positive actions as part of their social presence. This platform assigns points to users as they continuously use it and convert it into a cash donation for a good cause. Check it out on www.karmafy.com
10. SHAKEBENCH: It is a platform that connects alternative spaces with people looking to work outside of the usual office environment. It is giving purpose to under-utilized spaces in hotels, restaurants, art galleries and historical sites by turning them into places where people can work and meet. www.shakebench.com is the website related to this.
11. GEISSLER & ASSOCIATES: It offers legal services in relation to the registration of patents in Malta. It offers expert patent research in English language publications and public records for evidence of prior art. www.geissler-associates.com can provide more information on it.
12. KWAVER: It is basically a mobile app that makes it easy for anyone to create new music and collaborate with other musicians using just their phone. It is a local startup built with musicians in mind.
13. WASTEWATER SCIENCE: It is the winner of the 2015 Maltese Business Idea Competition Climate KIK. It provides a compact modular wastewater treatment unit for a cost of 50% of the estimated savings for the first three years. www.wastewaterscience.com is the related website.
14. ENERGY CASINO: It is an online casino located in Malta that is licensed and regulated by The Malta Gaming Authority. It was established in 2013. More information can be found on www.energycasino.com
15. BANKEX: It is a platform to store the Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies simple, safe and trouble-free. It saves the Cryptocurrencies to fall off in case of forgetfulness, technical issues and hackers. For further information, custody.bakex.com serves the purpose.