Out of so many startups, only 92% become successful. Every minute, around three startups are introduced to the world. Therefore, for a startup to be successful, it takes a lot of hard work and some luck. Many startups have come forward as a great success, casually said: “with a killer launch”.
The top 10 startups with a killer launch are:
1. LYFT: Lyft is an on-demand transportation company based in San Francisco, California. It was founded by Logan Green and John Zimmer. It develops, markets, and operates the Lyft car transportation mobile app. Launched in June 2012; Lyft operates in approximately 300 U.S. cities, including New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles and provides over 1 million rides per day. The company was valued at US$15.1 billion as of June 2018 and has raised a total of US$5.1 billion in funding. Lyft expanded into Canada in December 2017 as a competitor to the already established Uber.
2. HALO TOP CREAMERY: Halo Top Creamery is an ice cream company and brand sold in the United States, Australia, Mexico, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Germany, and the United Kingdom. The ice cream brand was founded in 2011 by former attorney Justin Woolverton of Latham & Watkins LLP. Woolverton. Halo Top launched in Los Angeles on June 15, 2012, and is currently sold throughout the world. In July 2017, Halo Top became the best-selling ice cream pint at grocery stores in the United States, surpassing in popularity the Ben & Jerry’s and Haagen-Dazs brands, which previously held that distinction for years.
3. COINBASE: Coinbase is a digital currency exchange headquartered in San Francisco, California. They broker exchanges of Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, and Litecoin with fiat currencies in approximately 32 countries, and bitcoin transactions and storage in 190 countries worldwide. Coinbase was founded in June 2012 by Brian Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam.
4. NOODLE.AI: It was founded by Raj Joshi. Noodle.ai is on a mission to create a world without waste. It believes in AI for radical efficiency and extraordinary good. It pushes the limits of data science to give business leaders a view into the past and future, so that they can stop wasting time and resources now, helping the world plan, make, and move goods and resources for manufacturers and complex supply chains. Founded in 2016 and ranked #1 B2B Startup by LinkedIn, Noodle.ai is led by executives from top firms in data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and management consulting.
5. BIRD: Bird is a dockless scooter-share company based in Santa Monica, California. It was founded by Travis VanderZanden. Founded in September 2017, Bird operates electric scooters in over 100 cities throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, with 10 million rides in its first year of operation. In 2018, Bird was named one of Time Magazine’s 50 Genius Companies, and one of the most sought-after startups in the United States, according to LinkedIn.
6. ROBINHOOD: It was founded by Vladimir Tenev and Baiju Bhatt in 2013. It is a U.S.-based financial services company headquartered in Menlo Park, California. The company offers the Robinhood smartphone mobile app, which allows individuals to invest in traded companies and exchange-traded funds listed on U.S. stock exchanges without paying a commission. The company makes money from interest earned on customers’ cash balances and margin lending.
7. RIPPLE: Ripple was conceived by Jed McCaleb and built by Arthur Britto and David Schwartz. Ripple is a real-time gross settlement system, currency exchange and remittance network created by Ripple Labs Inc., a US-based technology company. Released in 2012, Ripple is built upon a distributed open source protocol and supports tokens representing fiat currency, cryptocurrency, commodities, or other units of value such as frequent flier miles or mobile minutes. Ripple purports to enable “secure, instantly and nearly free global financial transactions of any size with no chargebacks.”
8. AURORA CANNABIS: Aurora Cannabis Inc. is a Canadian licensed cannabis producer, headquartered in Edmonton. It trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange as ACB. As of late September 2018, Aurora Cannabis had eight licensed production facilities, five sales licenses, and operations in 18 countries. It had a funded capacity of over 500,000 kilograms of cannabis production per annum. Aurora is the second largest cannabis company in the world by market capitalization, after Canopy Growth Corporation. The company began trading on the NYSE on October 23rd, 2018.
9. RUBRIK: Rubrik is a data management company based in Palo Alto, California, the United States founded in December 2014 with offices in Bangalore, India, Lawrence, Kansas and Cork, Ireland. It was founded by Bipul Sinha, Arvind Jain, Soham Mazumdar, and Arvind Nithrakashyap. Valued at over US$1 billion, the press has noted its rapid growth and transparent company culture.
10. PULS: Puls is a San Francisco based startup founded by Eyal Ronen and Itai Hirsch in 2015. The company provides in-home services like demonstrations, installation, setup, integration, support, and repairs of all household appliances. The user books an appointment, and a technician visits the user’s location within an hour to provide a solution. In September 2018, Puls was selected by LinkedIn as one of the top 25 US startups.