- Eligibilities for Air Hostess Career
- Required Behavioural Skills for Air Hostess Career
- Air Hostess Career Examination
- Air Hostess Career: Courses
- Air Hostess Career Training Academy
- Airline Companies in India
- Salary in Air Hostess Career
Many young girls in India are excited to get Air hostess career after they graduate. This profession will give you good pay, lots of travelling while getting opportunities to meet different people across the world, including celebrities, business tycoons along with a lot of learnings.
Even though air hostess career seems like an easy job, it has a lot of responsibilities at the plane. As an air hostess, you will require to greet every passenger, coordinate with security, make it comfortable for passengers with their air travel and much more. During your air hostess career, you may also require to handle troublesome passengers while remaining calm and patient.
In air hostess career, you could get promoted to Senior Flight Attendant and then as a Head Attendant. You could have air hostess career for the span of eight to 10 years and then could move to other duties. It includes ground duties like Check Hostess, training air hostess, ground hostess or on the management level.
Men could also become part of the flight crew, just like other females. Men who chose air hostess career are known as flight stewards. This article applies to both of them.
Eligibilities for Air Hostess Career
Here are the eligibility criteria for Air Hostess career:
- Minimal education requires for Air Hostess Career is 10+2.
- If you want to go for PG Air Hostess Career in you, need Graduation as the minimum qualification.
- You must know Hindi, English and any other foreign language.
Age and Marital Status
- Academics for Air Hostess Career prefers candidate in the age group of 17 to 26 years old.
- Marital status is up to the policies of given air hostess institutes.
Air Hostess Career is rather about physical appearance and behaviour than education.
- Minimum height required: 5.2″ or 157 cm
- Weight in proportion to the height
- Candidate’s clear complexion, physical fitness and attractive physiques matters.
In Air Hostess career, your medical condition is as necessary as your physical standards.
A candidate must not have any history of mental illness and should not be suffering from any significant disease. The usual eyesight requirement is 6/9, although it may vary from airlines to airlines.
Required Behavioural Skills in Air Hostess Career
For Air Hostess Career, your educational, physical, and medical qualifications are not enough. You will require specific behavioural skills that reflect your overall personality to get Air Hostess Career.
- Pleasing Personality
- Good Communication Skills
- Presence of Mind
- Team Work
- Ready for Long Hours Work
- Positive Attitude
Air Hostess Career Examination
Each airline conducts examinations before they recruit any air hostess. You could The entire process for selection into three stages.
- Written Examination: It includes the questions to measure your aptitude and reasoning. The exam pattern is multiple choice questions like any other competitive exams.
Prepare for the examination for your Air Hostess Career like any other competitive examinations.
- Group Discussion: It is a test for your presence of mind, communication skills, teamwork, qualities for leadership and more.
- Interview: The final round consists of one on one meeting in your Air Hostess career. Your interviewers will judge you for your overall personality.
If you get selected, then your airline will train you for the next six months.
Air Hostess Career: Courses
For Air Hostess Career, you will need to join an air hostess course based on your educational qualifications.
Here are the three different types of air hostess career courses:
This course is for 10+2 candidates.
Duration of Course: 3 months to 1 year
Below is the list of popular certificate courses for your air hostess career:
- Aviation Management and Hospitality
- Air Hostess Management
- Aviation Customer Service
- Air Hostess Training
- Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant
- Airlines Hospitality
This course is also for 10+2 candidates. However, PG Diploma is only for candidates who are graduate.
Duration of Course: 6 months to 1 year
- Diploma in Air Hostess Training
- Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant Training
Individual training academy design the courses.
It is one of the required course for Air Hostess Career out of all three. You will have to be 10+2 for the eligibility of this course.
Duration: 3 years
- B.Sc. in Air Hostess Training
- B.Sc. Aviation
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Travel Management
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
We recommend 3-year degree courses to our reader who wants to pursue Air Hostess Career.
Air Hostess Career Training Academy
Here are some of the popular training institutes for Air Hostess career you could join:
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess, New Delhi and Mumbai
- Air Hostess Academy, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Delhi, Mumbai
- Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Aeronautics, Jaipur
- Universal Aviation Academy, Chennai
- Rai University, Ahmedabad.
Airline Companies in India
You are ready for hire by below airline companies in India once you complete your course successfully.
- Air India (1)
- Indian Airlines (2)
- Alliance Air (3)
- GoAir (4)
- Indigo (5)
- Gulf Air (6)
- Singapore Airlines (7)
- Lufthansa (8)
- SpiceJet (9)
- AirAsia India (10)
- Vistara (11)
- Air India Express (12)
Salary in Air Hostess Career
In your Air Hostess career, your salary will depend on the airline company you are working.
Below are the approximate rage of salaries (per month) in Air Hostess Career:
- Domestic Airlines: 20,00 to 35,000 INR
- International Airlines: Upto 80,000 INR
- Luxurious International Airlines: 100,000 to 200,000 INR for Senior Air Hostesses
Further, you will also get additional benefits like medical insurance, retirement plan, discounts on flight tickets in your air hostess career. We could say that the pay package is excellent for air hostess job.